Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to school and Blogging all the way.

Welcome back.

School starts on the 22 of August. Am I the only one who thinks Summer vacation seems to have gone way too fast this year.

This will be an exciting semester. I'm teaching a couple of new classes this semester: T-shirt Design, and Photoshop for the first time in nine years.

I'm also preparing a few new elements to add to my projects for students this semester. After reading an article in the NYTs today about students and writing papers, I'm going to add a new writing project this semester.

What if, indeed. After studying the matter, Ms. Davidson concluded, “Online blogs directed at peers exhibit fewer typographical and factual errors, less plagiarism, and generally better, more elegant and persuasive prose than classroom assignments by the same writers.”

Read the whole NYTs article.

Every student in my design classes will be required to start a blog and write in it once a week about our classes, projects they're working on, or something about the design industry.

We'll see how this goes over. I think it'll be great for them and fun for all of us to see what they write.

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog must have something to do with the posts, or they must relate to art or design.